Hi Rita, if you’re planning on buying and reselling products in another country you will need a registered business in that particular country to pay their government taxes.

For example if you drop ship from a USA supplier back to USA customers and the goods stay in that country you will need USA Tax Id (similiar to our ABN) to register for tax in that country.

If however you’re buying stock Internationally, importing the stock back to Australia and selling it here your ABN should suffice. Talk to the individual suppliers to see what their requirements are also.

From the Importing Secrets Team